What is vacuum forming?
Vacuum forming is a process in which a roll of polymer (plastic) sheet is shaped into a pre-designed mold. In the vacuum forming process, first a metal or wooden vacuum mold is designed for the desired part or product, then this mold is connected to the vacuum forming machine. Depending on the customer's needs, a roll of polymer sheet with a specific diameter of PET, PVC, HP, ABS or other required polymers is connected to the power supply of the machine.
The vacuum forming machine opens the polymer sheet and heats it in a chamber so that the sheet can be heated and softened. Then, by moving the mold towards the softened sheet, the sheet takes the form of the mold and is quickly emptied by a vacuum valve between the mold and the polymer sheet. To maintain this state, the polymer sheet is cooled quickly and then directed to the cutting section.
Advantages of vacuum forming
- Ease of storage and management of goods
- Protecting goods against environmental changes
- Very fast and easy shipping
- Stylish packaging to offer to professional and export markets
- Ability to view the product due to the transparency of the packaging
- Very high strength and mechanical protection for sensitive and brittle products (such as eggs)
- Economic savings
- Consumer convenience for maintenance and consumption
Ararat Vacuum Forming Services
Your packaging consultant
Production of all ABS-PVC-HP-PET vacuum forming orders
Production of plastic boxes
Production of tray-shaped packages and plastic containers
Years of successful history
Minimum order quantity